- Watched "The Most Dangerous Game" movie
- Worked on typing final drafts in Lecture Room
- Rough drafts checked for completion (10)
- All short story materials due on Monday, 10/8 (B days) and Tuesday, 10/9 (A days)
-rough drafts (ONLY IF hand written OR printed and hand-corrected) (10)
-proposal sheet (10)
-completed story map (for YOUR short story) (10)
Total point value= 105
- Worked in the Lecture Room on writing short stories
- Collected short story summary (20) and checked homework- brainstorming (10) and short story proposal (10)
- Rough draft of short story due next class
- Final draft and short story components due on Monday, 10/8 (B days) and Tuesday, 10/9 (A days)
Homecoming half day
- Finished "The Monkey's Paw" and story map/5Ws
- Reviewed timed write guidelines
- Started Short Story Creative Writing Assignment
- Went to media center for book trailers
- Took Star Reader Test
- Checked out AR books
- Reviewed and turned in HW from "Checkouts" (20 pts)
- Took short stories quiz (25 pts)
- Began reading "The Monkey's Paw" and working on story map/5Ws
- No HW! :)
- "The Interlopers" class quiz (10 pts)
- Began reading "Checkouts" in class
- HW- finish reading "Checkouts", complete story map/5Ws
- QUIZ next class over "MDG", "The Interlopers" and ""The Necklace"- study your story maps!!
- Group work for story map and three pictures for "The Necklace"
- Started reading "the Interlopers" in class
- HW- finish reading "the Interlopers" for a quiz next class!!!
- Reviewed and collected HW (MDG story map/5Ws) (20 pts)
- MDG book questions with a partner: pp. 31-32 Reader's Response, Thematic Focus, Check Comprehension 1-5, Critical Thinking 1-6, Literary Focus 1-3
- Started reading "The Necklace"
- HW- finish reading "The Necklace"
- Reviewed and turned in homework- Exploring the Text (20 pts)
- The Three Little Pigs- story map and 5Ws worksheet
- Began reading "The Most Dangerous Game"
- Homework- finish reading MDG and complete story map and 5Ws wksht (20) for homework
- Collected homework- signed syllabus and My Identity (30 pts)
- Checked out textbooks form the Media Center
- Grammar review and quiz
- Homework- Exploring the Text worksheet (20)