- Attendance roster/seating chart
- Review of syllabus and classroom rules
- My Identity worksheet
- Warm-up quiz
- Collect homework (signed syllabus & My Identity wksht)
- Media Center for LC1 texts and reading book pass
- Exploring the Text textbook scavenger hunt wksht
- Homework: complete Exploring the Text wksht and get a reading book for next class (if you didn't check one out today)
- Warm-up: homework collaboration time with a partner
- Checked homework (Exploring the Text)
- Story map review (The Three Little Pigs)
- Started reading "The Most Dangerous Game" pp. 14-31
- Homework: finish reading MDG and complete story map for the short story
- Grammar warm-up #1 (see Class Docs page)
- Review of homework- MDG story map
- Started reading second short story, "The Necklace" pp.536-541
- Homework: finish reading "The Necklace" and complete story map; continue working on lit terms/vocab packet
- Reviewed homework - "The Necklace" story map
- Started reading "The Interlopers"
- Time to work on lit./vocab terms
- Homework: finish reading "The Interlopers", complete story map, study for quiz (over "Interlopers") next class
- "The Interlopers" quiz
- 3B: started reading "The Monkey's Paw"; A days: started reading "Checkouts"
- Study for quiz next class over three short stories (MDG, Necklace, Interlopers)-suggested study technique: be able to complete story maps for each of the short stories without your text book.
- Homework: study for quiz, work on lit./vocab packet
- Short stories quiz (over MDG, Necklace, Interlopers)
- 3B: finished reading "The Monkey's Paw"; A days: started reading "The Monkey's Paw"
- Homework: none (work on your vocab/lit term packets if you're behind)
- Banned Books Week article response
- Checked ss quiz
- finished last short story (B day- "Checkouts", A day- "Monkey's Paw")
- No homework!
- Short Stories Unit Test on Friday and Monday!! Be ready!!
- Unit test review
- "Most Dangerous Game" movie
- Short Story Unit Test next class!!!! (lit/vocab packets due)
- Lit/vocab packets due today
- Short story unit test today
- No homework!! Have a great weekend :) GO TIGERS!!